top of page
Search

Happy Anniversary Roe V. Wade


Sorry I didn’t get you anything to mark this occasion. The Supreme Court made abortion legal forty years ago.


And groups have been fighting to rescind it for the exact same amount of time.


While the struggle to retain a woman’s right to choose and have control over her body wages on, other important policies are being chewed up and spit out.


A majority of Americans believe that this landmark decision should not be overturned. But that has not stopped a range of religious and conservative conclaves from fighting for it to be repealed.


And the battle continues unabated. The side wanting to overturn Roe V. Wade doesn’t seem concerned with the fetus one it is born and thus a baby. Children need healthcare and safe neighborhoods with good schools. Children must be afforded opportunities and not have their destinies largely fated by their zip code or race or religion. Law enforcement must treat all citizens with the same respect and deference. Children should not be in prison.


While a woman is pregnant, she must take care of her health. For millions of women, they sought services from doctors and clinics and Planned Parenthood.


3% of the services that Planned Parenthood provides are those relating to abortion. The other 97 % minister to women’s health. And their right to life.


Ironically, such clinics offer birth control and family planning that can offset the need to terminate a pregnancy. They can be allies in the mission to generate more healthy and wanted babies.


And by the way too often to be ironic, the groups opposed to allowing women to choose are made of up men.


Children are our future. But they must be provided for by both families and society. As someone once said: it takes a village to raise a child.


The addition of a baby to a family or the life of a single woman is an important decision that is affected by many factors. And that infant brings financial and other issues in stark relief.


Let the law that most Americans support, stand.


https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/roe-v-wade-2019-781520/


12 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Total Eclipse of Priorities

Just over a week ago millions in the United States experienced an awe-inspiring total solar eclipse the Moon passed in front of the Sun and its shadow fell upon the Earth for a brief moment. This spec

Reclaim Our Government

The Very Real Costs of Non-Representative Government It is far too expensive Hello fellow political stonecutters! Join us for an informative and infuriating discussion with friend of the show and long

Bridges Falling Down

#DSOT was founded in Baltimore City.  Now, as often reported, there are partners/allies and folks not shopping on Tuesday everywhere/ in states throughout the country. It is a fact that this country n

Comments


bottom of page